Subject: Re: AppleTalk, DHCP, 'n' stuff in 1.3
To: Amitai Schlair <amitai.schlair@usa.net>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/05/1997 16:50:10
Amitai Schlair wrote:

> What is the status of support for AppleTalk and DHCP (clients and/or
> servers) in the upcoming 1.3? (Not that it matters at this point, but I
> especially need an AppleTalk server and a DHCP client.)

I think that netatalk support in-kernel is pretty much working.  I don't
believe that we currently distribute the userland binaries, but we might
as part of the package system.  As for DHCP, I think we have the latest
and greatest client software as part of the system.

> Also, what is the approximate expected date of completion? (I'm hoping
> before mid-January, so I can install and tune it over winter break...)

I believe that the posted date-of-completion is December 1st, but don't be
surprised by a week or so of slip (I could be misremembering this, tho).

> Also also, how is IP-NAT configured? Will I be able to pretty much use
> the Linux HOWTO, or is there a decent NetBSD-specific one in the works?

Unless I'm completely off (which is always possible with this kind of
thing ;-), try the IPFilter home page:

http://coombs.anu.edu.au/~avalon/ip-filter.html

I hope this helps.

Later.