Subject: Re: Booting going fine, but what about those questions?
To: BGW <f94bw@efd.lth.se>
From: SamMaEl <rimsky@teleport.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/05/1997 05:07:11
On Tue, 21 Oct 1997, BGW wrote:

> I recently, today got the booting to start on my Quadra 800, with help
> from some nice people on this mailing-list. Im running the MacBSD
> 1.3_Alpha with Installer 1.11. Now to my problem. Booting starts out
> well with no error-messages, but then some questions appear, probably
> normal(?). The first one 'Enter pathname for shell...' This one goes
> fine with just hitting enter. Then a new question arise, a tougher one,
> 'Terminal type?'. There Im stuck!!! I have tried to enter several stupid
> things, the more I realize it wont work. What shall I type in there?
> What other questions may appear? so I can prepare myself. I have tried
> to look for answers in old FAQ's, mailing lists, but found none. Feels
> like im getting close....
>
> /Bo

	Hmmm... try vt220 or vt100. These are pretty standard. I remember
the first time that I installed NetBSD on my old Mac IIci, I had a bad
/.profile file... the one used for booting into single user, and the one
that seems to have become linked to /root/.profile. So, it would not
accept any terminal I entered... vt100, vt220, vt102, ansi, xterm, various
wyse's, etc. I even searched the termcap entries using the installer
program ;-) I think Scott Reynolds suggested that I delete the /.profile
file... and that solved my problem. 8-)

	Ryan

-----
My name is rewt... you have SIGKILLed my father... prepare to vi!