Subject: Re: Problems with 1.3-ALPHA
To: Mark Andres <mark@ratbert.aisol.net>
From: Erik Bertelsen <erik@sockdev.uni-c.dk>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/05/1997 09:44:02
If you did not install a 1.3_ALPHA kernel before doing this, I'd expect
results like this.

Try to boot from a 1.3_ALPHA kernel (shold be part of the snapshot) --
you may place the kernel on your MacOS file system and boot from it.
Hopefully this will recover your system.

In general a newer kernel with backwards compatibility may be used
with older user land binaries while upgrading, while the newer
user land applications might not work with an old kernel. In the
actual case with upgrading from 1.2.1 to 1.3_ALPHA, this actually
explains that e.g. reboot and halt do not work.

- Erik