Subject: Re: a is NOT alpha. But kernel src for 1.2.1?
To: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
From: None <nigel@ind.tansu.com.au>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/05/1997 11:45:22
> Unfortunately, all the Un*x derived version control systems find it hard to
> deal with binary files (GIFs, project files, all sorts of things with a
> resource fork). If that's important for you, you might be better off
> looking at Voodoo.

	Had a good look at Voodoo a while back. Like the interface, but
gave it up due to one problem: it doesn't let you view the differences
between two files.

	I _really_ needed this when I was sorting out the IIvx booting
problems. With an RCS database, I view the ,v file and it has the diff
right there. With Voodoo or SourceServer or anything else I have found,
you have to check out both copies of the file, and then run a Mac OS
utility to find out what the differences are. Unfortunately, having to
do this is no better than having no revision control tool.

--
| Nigel Pearson, nigel@ind.tansu.com.au |"People say I'm strange, does it  |
|  Telstra IN Platforms, Sydney, Aust.  | make me a stranger?              |