Subject: Re: AT&T DSP3210 support?
To: Michael R Zucca <frederic.berier@enst-bretagne.fr>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@metronet.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/04/1997 20:16:37
Michael R Zucca <mrz5149@cs.rit.edu> wrote:

>The free compiler is going to be a serious hitch I think and you'll also
>need to be able to write a good scheduler for the DSP so break out that
>real-time systems book :) A good place to start might be the QNX style
>scheduler that was recently released for Linux (check out the linux-pmac
>mailing list archives. There's a pointer to the source there).

You might try Texas Instruments's Web pages <http://www.ti.com>.  They
have a DSP library and I think there's a pretty good and small real-time
kernel/scheduler there originally written for the C25. It's been ported
to most of their other DSP chips like the C3x/C40 as well. And I know
it's been tested extensively in some special devices that proved to be
highly effective a few years ago in the Middle East.  I don't think
you'll find any free compilers there though, which is probably good given
the quality of the compilers they charge for.

-bob