Subject: Dial in
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Eric Damien Berna <eric@thiel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/04/1997 12:31:56
My goal is:

	Setup a Mac IIcx running NetBSD as a mini ISP?

Some details:

	I have a Mac IIcx that is currently running NetBSD 1.2. It is
	connected to my office Ethernet. That network has a full time
	connection to the Internet. I have plenty of IP addresses. I
	have a USR Courier V.Everything modem and a dedicated phone
	line.

	My goal is to get this hardware setup so that I can dial in
	with my Newton MessagePad. I can get the MessagePad to work
	fine dialing in to another ISP so that computer is known to
	work.

	What I don't know how to do is get the Mac IIcx to answer the
	phone under NetBSD. I've looked at mgetty, but the standard
	ditribution mentions a seporate BSD port. All I can find on
	that is a FreeBSD port. (By the way, is there any support for
	the FreeBSD port system in NetBSD?)

	So what can I use for dial up support?

Eric Damien Berna
eric@thiel.com