Subject: Re: a is NOT alpha. But kernel src for 1.2.1?
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/04/1997 02:23:12
At 14:00 Uhr +0100 03.11.1997, Allen Briggs wrote:

>> * A Mac version of RCS,
>
>Have you looked at CVS?  They at least pay lip service to having
>Macintosh support (there's a macintosh subdirectory, anyway).
>Ah...  I see...  It is only the client side of a client-server
>pair.  It seems to be a few versions old, too.

They have support for Apple events in it; other than that it looks pretty
unusable to me. I am desperately waiting for a JDK 1.1 compatible Java VM
on the  Mac; jCVS is really nice (although not bug free).

Unfortunately, all the Un*x derived version control systems find it hard to
deal with binary files (GIFs, project files, all sorts of things with a
resource fork). If that's important for you, you might be better off
looking at Voodoo.

	hauke