Subject: Re: Q840 ethernet performance?
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.macbsd.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/04/1997 10:47:58
> > Anybody (Bill Studenmund?) know why lev4intr just does an rte instead of
> > jra rei like the other handlers?
> No clue. What happens if you stick in a jra _ASM_LABEL(rei)?

I was thinking about having zshard and the non-serial level 4
interrupts return different codes and only go through rei for
non-serial interrupts.  I don't know if that's a good idea or
not.  It might be better to just go through the rei.  I'm not
so much worried about the effect on serial performance on the
AVs so much as I am worried about the performance impact on
the slower machines...  A 33.6Kbps modem going full-throttle
on one of the two ports is what?  1000s of interrupts/sec?

-allen

--
              Allen Briggs - end killing - briggs@macbsd.com