Subject: Re: mounting HFS voumes from macbsd 1.3
To: MacBSD <dillera@dillernet.com (Andrew Diller), port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Stefan Schmiedl <swsch@pobox.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/04/1997 07:09:05

> I am tired of having to reboot to install new software. The reason? At this
> point I have to d/l stuff from the net via Windoze and a ZIP disk. My mac
> isn't directly on the net at this point.
>
> So mounting a MAC HFS ZIP would help me a lot.

Look for hfsutils package. It is now version 2.0 and probably located
somewhere at http:www.mars.org/~rob/proj/hfs (cited from memory, so
beware).

Compile it with -DNO_DEVLOCKS, and everything works fine (at least it
did under 1.2)

You should use a sbc kernel for reliable ZIP access.

--
Stefan Schmiedl         <phone:+49 (0)9421 923916>
Ittlinger Str. 27c      <mailto:swsch@pobox.com>