Subject: Re: Xcolor with Raster Ops ClearVue/GSXL
To: Ken Nakata <kenn@remus.rutgers.edu>
From: Michael R Zucca <mrz5149@cs.rit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/03/1997 21:47:01
> > Your code could be helpful but it may be simpler to do it from scratch.
> > Was there alot of code to write?
>
> Just out of curiosity: are you taking (have you taken) over X
> maintenance for mac68k port?  Anyway, if you're interested in my
> server source, I'll try to salvage it.  Come to think of copying out,
> there shouldn't be too many files to copy out of my X11R6 partition in
> the xc/Programs/Server/hw/macbsd directory.

No, although if I can get a stable intvidtest2 kernel out sometime soon
I might consider adding the routines to the XFree86 source to deal with
color. They are the same calls as the old colorkit kernels (in fact,
I can run your old X server on my IIvx and on a Centris 650!) but
there are some new IOCTLs that support certain hardware features that
would be useful that I would like to integrate.

The trouble is I don't know who is doing the X->Xfree86 source upgrade
and I don't think the source for the mac68k stuff is available yet.
I'll have to ask around.