Subject: Re: MRG_ADB on the PB540c
To: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
From: SamMaEl <rimsky@teleport.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/03/1997 16:08:18
On Mon, 3 Nov 1997, Colin Wood wrote:

> Hmmm...how old are your sources?  What else is in your config file?  Is it
> just GENERIC with MRG_ADB commented out?

	I'm running a -current snapshot from 971004, and my sources
originally were from mid-September, but I just rm -rf'd the /usr/src/sys
directory and installed a clean set from the weekend that 1.3_ALPHA came
out. So, my kernel is TECHNICALLY a 1.3_ALPHA kernel... the kernel that
runs brahms, my Quadra, is a GENERIC kernel with IPFORWARDING and GATEWAY
added, and with the changes contributed for the Q630 video stuff. The
kernel for yoda, my PB540c, is basically the same kernel as BRAHMS, but
with the SBC driver rather than the NCR (NCR will NOT boot properly... I
will post the hard drive type next time I boot up, but I know it is an IBM
drive) and MRG_ADB is commented out. (I'll double check this next time I'm
in NetBSD on my Quadra)

	The first kernel I got to boot was a PMDIRECT.SBC kernel... I
don't remember who I got it from, but it worked better than the one I have
now actually ;-) It even initialized the ethernet card once... ;-)

> I don't think that many machine-dependent options are available in
> options(4).  Perhaps each port needs it's own options(4) man page?  I'll
> ask about this on current-users or netbsd-users...

	Good idea ;-)

	Ryan

-----
My name is rewt... you have SIGKILLed my father... prepare to vi!