Subject: Re: small tcsh problem (I think) . . .
To: None <ADAMGOOD@delphi.com>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@remus.rutgers.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/03/1997 09:52:33
On Mon, 03 Nov 1997 04:14:41 -0500 (EST),
ADAMGOOD@delphi.com wrote:
> I don't have .tcshrc file, so that can't be the problem . . .

Do you own .cshrc?  I never use any csh variant (I chsh to bash
immediately after I log in for the first time) because they are bad
for your mental health (especially when writing shell scripts), but a
quick grepping through the man pages tells me that there is "-m"
option described as:

     -m   Allow reading of a .cshrc that does not belong  to  the
         effective user. Newer versions of su(1) can pass that to
         the shell. (some versions of csh have it) (+*)

Take care,

Ken