Subject: No Mode sense
To: MacBSD <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Harry <Harry.Weppner@gmx.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/03/1997 14:20:41
Hi there!

I have an old 200MB drive where I would like to install NetBSD for my
840av (since MACE support seems to be there :-) ), but Mkfs1.45 tells me

"*WARNING* no Mode Sense, use with caution!"

and if I try to "make a filesystem" the system freezes.

I dont have a good understanding about SCSI devices, so Id be glad to
know if there is a workaround!?

Thought about hooking the drive to my BSD-box and working from the
unix-mkfs w/ fixed parameters? I dont even know if that is possible with
mkfs :-)

Or do I just get another drive?

Thanx for any help and cheerio,
 Harry.

BTW, I can partition it without problems and Mac-partitions work well.
So there appears to be no hardware defect.