Subject: Re: NetBSD on PB150
To: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
From: Takashi Hamada <hamada@next.etron.kanazawa-it.ac.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/03/1997 17:24:54
At 17:44 97.10.31, SamMaEl wrote:
>         I have been working a little on running NetBSD on my PB540c... and
> it boots just fine (except for the lack of an FPU which causes a few core
> dumps of mount, syslogd and various other programs) But, I can boot into
> multi-user and everything just fine. But, the ADB is NOT working. I'm

Hmmm... That's odd. But, I once saw that the ADB driver failed to probe
the ADB transceiver when a external ADB device was connectted to it. Are
any external ADB devices connectted to your PB540c?

At 04:06 97.11.1, Colin Wood wrote:
> Michael R Zucca wrote:
> >
> > > multi-user and everything just fine. But, the ADB is NOT working. I'm
> > > using a kernel compiled with MRG_ADB commented out. If anyone wants it I
> >
> > There's your problem. Try using MRG ADB on that machine. The ADB chip
> > in the 540's is not supported by the hardware direct ADB stuff yet.
> > That's what MRG is specifically designed for. :)
>
> Are you sure about this?  I thought that Takashi's PowerManager code
> (which is included in John's latest set, I think) did support this
> machine.  At least Takashi's page seems to indicate that he has PB5xx
> support working....

Yes. The PM code should work on all PB5xx models because these models are
basically using the same hardware except for the LCD panel and the MPU.
Also I suppose that the ADB chips in the PowerBook series have not yet been
supported by the current MRG stuff.

--
Takashi Hamada
  E-mail: hamada@next.etron.kanazawa-it.ac.jp