Subject: Re: 1.3a and Quadra 605
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David Johnston <david@canopus.apana.org.au>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/03/1997 18:28:17
[ extract of message from Bob Nestor on "Re: 1.3a and Quadra 605" ]
} David Johnston <david@canopus.apana.org.au> wrote:
}
} >Yep. The motherboard is identical to that of the LC475. There's a jumper in
} >the lower left corner which if you connect the machine will report itself
} >as being a Q605 otherwise it will report that it is a LC475.
} >
} The jumper also causes the ROM code to use a different set of routines to
} handle the ADB if I rmember correctly. So unless you're using a kernel
} with HWDIRECT instead of MRG_ADB you might have problems with the Q605.
}

I don't think it has problems with either mode. I _think_ I've booted a
HWDIRECT kernel correctly with the jumper set and unset on my LC475 (I
don't normally use a HWDIRECT kernal since with only serial console support
there doesn't seem a lot of point). Interestingly, when booting, it does
report a different value for the 'cpu: delay factor' with the jumper set
and unset. I've no idea why.

	david

--

David Johnston