Subject: Re: 1.3a and Quadra 605
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David Johnston <david@canopus.apana.org.au>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/02/1997 20:00:35
[ extract of message from netbsd on "Re: 1.3a and Quadra 605" ]
} At 11:46 PM 11/1/97 -0800, you wrote:
} >Andrew Diller wrote:
} >>
} >> It dosen't work-- the video??? is still broken. It never gets beyone the
} >> white screen and the first line of text.
} >
} >Yep, we know :-(
} >
} >> Are there any current kernels that are working on this machine yet? It has
} >> a 'real' 040 in it.
} >
} >Sorry, that's a big "no" at the moment.  The Q605 will not be working
} >until sometime after the 1.3 release.
} >
}
} Oh crap.  Well, at least it ran beautifully on my friends Quadra 850av.
} Very very very fast when compared to my se/30!
}
} In a nutshell, what is the beef with the 605?  I know it was one of the
} 'cheap' Quadras-- there is a jumper that can change it into a Performa or
} somthing......
}

Yep. The motherboard is identical to that of the LC475. There's a jumper in
the lower left corner which if you connect the machine will report itself
as being a Q605 otherwise it will report that it is a LC475.

I'm running netbsd currently on a LC475. It's works well, though I have to
use a serial terminal. Ethernet works fine. Ask me if you got any questions.

	david

--

David Johnston
david@canopus.apana.org.au