Subject: 1.3a and current --- what is the relationship
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Andrew Diller <dillera@dillernet.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/02/1997 03:09:49
Hello:

What exactly is the relationship between a current kernel and 1.3a???

For instance, 1.3a doesn't boot on my 605 or my cx w/ Daystar 040. What can
I do to try and make these work?? Should I try different current kernels,
or are they already 'beyond' 1.3a ?? Should I look for the 1.3a kernel src
and try compiling different options on it in the hopes that it may work on
one of my machines? The 605 I doubt-- but the cx almost boots all the way
up... something in the scsi locks it up when its tries to check the file
system on boot.

Any insight into this would be appreciated.

-Andy