Subject: 1.3a booting on IIcx w/ Daystar 44mhz 040
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Andrew Diller <dillera@dillernet.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/02/1997 02:43:41
Hello:

I am trying to get the 1.3a kernel to boot on my cx with a Daystar 040, and
it boots (with both the ncr & the other scsi) to the point where it is
"checking the ffs file system..."

then the drive is accessed for an instant and it locks up. The the kernels
seem to 'read' the scsi drives alright earlier in the boot sequence.

Any ideas?  What is the easiest way to go about playing with the current
kernels and trying them out?  I haven't seen a clear description of how to
compile your own kernels.  Coming from a Linux background, it was very easy
to go in and run configure and just answer the questions and then move the
new kernel over and test it out....

-andy