Subject: Re: IP NAT & Dynamic IP addressing
To: Harry Weppner <Harry.Weppner@gmx.net>
From: tcjam <tcjam@voicenet.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/01/1997 20:30:38
I recently looked at ipnat for my own sub-net (I'm using a proxy based
solution at the moment) and I remember seeing a rule for use with dynamic
ips it was at the ip filter webpage if memory serves.

Besides messing with ip-up is messy at best especially if ip-filter will
support the dynamic address without any kludges.

Hope this helps.

On Sat, 1 Nov 1997, Harry Weppner wrote:

> Hi there!
>
> I would like to have my SE/30 serve as a gateway for a local Ethernet
> via PPP.
>
> I read a couple of HOWTOs and it seems you need a static IP address to
> do this.
>
> Any other chances? My Service provider solely uses dynamic IP addresing.
>
> Cheerio & thanx,
>   Harry.

                                 \||||/
                                  o  o
|| "Please explain to me the scientific          |  tcjam@voicenet.com ||
||   nature of the whammy." -Scully              ______________________||
|| "Foolproof systems don't take into account,                         ||
||  the ingenuity of fools" -Unknown 			               ||
||   PGP key can be obtained from:                                     ||
||      http://www.voicenet.com/~tcjam/home/keys.html                  ||