Subject: NetBSD 1.2.1 on Performa 600CD
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Skip and Terri Chang <stchang@gte.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/01/1997 17:09:18
Hi,
I installed the NetBSD 1.2.1 on my Performa600CD.  I installed all of the binary
packages including the security package.  The hardware configuration is as
follows:
memory: 20 MB
Installed disk:  External 240 MB disk with 185 MB for the root&user partition,
40 MB swap space and 6 MB MacOS partition.
video:
two monitors.  14" monitor on the build in video and 17" monitor using a NuBus
video card (Radius ColorPro 24XP)
Mouse: Kensington turbo mouse
System: 7.5.5

I restarted the machine with all extensions turned off.  When I execute the
booter (version 1.9.4), after going through the boot process, the following
command hangs up and keeps repeating:
init: can't exec getty '/usr/libexec/getty' for port /dev/ttye0: No such file or
directory.

What am I doing wrong?
Thanks
Skip Chang