Subject: ip connection using pppd and pap
To: None <cwood@ichips.intel.com, port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Brian Wildasinn <bwildasi@csulb.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/01/1997 16:23:17
--------------A2D2DEED951C1E8D47BB9223

Hi Colin!Thanks for the tip! I do leave the modem on when booting the
netbsd kernel. Sorry to show my ignorance, but what is "power-cycling"?

Colin Wood thus spake:

> I don't know about the PAP problem, but if you're getting errors like
> "serial port looped back", I can generally fix this one by power-cycling the
> modem a couple of times. It usually doesn't happen if I turn the modem on
> while in MacOS and leave it on while booting NetBSD.

Any help is helpful!
Sincerely,

Brian W.
bwildasi@csulb.edu

--------------A2D2DEED951C1E8D47BB9223

<HTML>
Hi Colin!Thanks for the tip! I do leave the modem on when booting the netbsd
kernel. Sorry to show my ignorance, but what is "power-cycling"?

<P>Colin Wood thus spake:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>
<PRE>I don't know about the PAP problem, but if you're getting errors like
"serial port looped back", I can generally fix this one by power-cycling the
modem a couple of times. It usually doesn't happen if I turn the modem on
while in MacOS and leave it on while booting NetBSD.
</PRE>
</BLOCKQUOTE>
&nbsp;
<BR>Any help is helpful!