Subject: Re: NuBus status on Q840av?
To: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/31/1997 21:04:06
On Fri, 31 Oct 1997, Henry B. Hotz wrote:
> There seem to be two people working on Motherboard Ethernet support (the
> MACE chip) but it's not here yet.  DMA is not supported, but AB is waiting
> for Apple to consent to let an old A/UX driver writer tell him how it
> works.  MRZ says that X should work in B&W mode currently.

Actually, my driver does support DMA... and it seems that it's not having
trouble with large packets per se, but it's not happy receiving many
packets in quick succession. It looks like my DMA completion interrupt
handler is being called re-entrantly. I thought interrupts were supposed
to be masked during an interrupt?

Dahan: Hani G Y+C 22 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++