Subject: Re: ip connection using pppd and pap
To: None <bwildasi@csulb.edu>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/31/1997 17:12:17
Brian Wildasinn wrote:

> Sorry to keep nagging, but i really do need help firing up the modem and
> fixing the
> loopback thinggy which seems to be wreaking havoc. The only mention I
> could find
> about loopback is in relation to pppd where an option is available to
> turn off a magic script: pppd nomagic, but this seems to relate to
> pap-secrets some how and that doesn't really matter now since when
> that's tried netbsd can find an ip address anyhow. For a complete
> listing of my ppp files see the first post of this subject "ip
> connection using pppd and pap" or
> ...http://www.findmail.com/listsaver/port-mac68k/8366.html

I don't know about the PAP problem, but if you're getting errors like
"serial port looped back", I can generally fix this one by power-cycling
the modem a couple of times.  It usually doesn't happen if I turn the
modem on while in MacOS and leave it on while booting NetBSD.

I hope this helps some.

Later.