Subject: Re: ip connection using pppd and pap
To: None <bwildasi@csulb.edu>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/31/1997 16:45:55

> Sorry to keep nagging, but i really do need help firing up the modem and
> fixing the
> loopback thinggy which seems to be wreaking havoc.
>
> Thanks help any appriciated is.

Brian,

The problem is your chat script is not correct. You NEED to get a sample
script for your school. Can you connect under MacOS? If so, then somewhere
in the ppp setup is a chat script. Can any of your friends connect from
some form of UNIX? If so, look at their chat scripts.

We can not help you get the chat script right. We can guess, and make
suggestions. But it will all be guess work w/o a sample script.

If you get the sample and don't know what to do, EMail it to the
list.

Take care,

Bill