Subject: Re: Install Instructions
To: Avatar <bshayn1@gl.umbc.edu>
From: Armen Babikyan <armenb@moof.ai.mit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/31/1997 20:39:31
At 1:50 PM -0500 10/31/97, Avatar wrote:
>	Would there exist a set of NetBSD install instructions for the
>absolute beginner?
>
>	I'm thinking something on the order of:
>
>1. Hook up external SCSI drive.
>2. copy binaries to drive.
>3. Format drive with mkfs.
>4. Run Installer with so-and-so options set.
>5. Run booter with so-and-so options set.
>
>but from someone that knows what they're doing?
>
>	I think I know what I'm doing, but I'm not quite sure and the
>NetBSD mac68k FAQ is a little less than clear on the initial install
>process.

I heard that OpenBSD and Linux have installation programs that will do
everything for you. Perhaps NetBSD people should look into this? It
certainly attracts new users; a few people I know said they installed
OpenBSD rather than NetBSD because the installation process is simply
easier.
I know OpenBSD has a distribution CD.  Does NetBSD have one?
  - a

 Armen Babikyan - armenb@moof.ai.mit.edu - http://electron.xeo.net
               ----<insert lame quote here>----