Subject: Re: NuBus status on Q840av?
To: Steven Campbell <campbel@durham.net>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/31/1997 14:46:26
At 7:13 PM 10/30/97, Steven Campbell wrote:
>When I last followed this newsgroup, there was a problem with (video?)
>interrupts that stopped the Q840 from being able to talk to Asante NuBus
>ethernet cards properly. The alpha kernel recognizes the MACE MAC address,

I'm the one with the "test" machine for that problem.  It works fine now
and 1.3alpha should have the fix.

As MRZ responded the problem was the NuBus interrupts and he had the info
that Allen Briggs needed to fix the problem.  I am now running an Asante
card for network connectivity.  The system seems rock solid and seems only
around a factor of 3-4 slower than a SPARCstation 5/110.  Pretty nice.

There seem to be two people working on Motherboard Ethernet support (the
MACE chip) but it's not here yet.  DMA is not supported, but AB is waiting
for Apple to consent to let an old A/UX driver writer tell him how it
works.  MRZ says that X should work in B&W mode currently.