Subject: Re: still can't boot
To: Armen Babikyan <armenb@moof.ai.mit.edu>
From: Michael R Zucca <mrz5149@cs.rit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/31/1997 11:31:55
> FYI, IIvx support dropped out after #26 too. at least my IIvx. :-)
> Michael Zucca is doing the color intvid using a IIvx...Michael, are you
> running -current? (and how did you get it to work?) =)

I don't think I'm running the *absolute* latest -current. I think it was
a post #26 kernel, though. I'll have to try a later one sometime.

> What kind of stuff could I do to find out what's wrong? Last time I tried
> compiling a kernel on my IIvx, gcc got an "internal compiler error" ( i
> think). I was able to reproduce the error, because it occured again many
> times.

It could be that your file system is messed up.

>   I remember posting soemthing about it a few months back.
> anything after GENERIC-current #44 freezes my machine just before the
> screen is supposed to blank and display [ preserving...].

The booter could also be messed up. Have you tried some different booters?

I really think the IIvx just about works under NetBSD. There are some
weird issues with it that make me believe we don't have it quite correct.

I'm a bit busy to look into it right now but when I get enough time to
work on intvid again I'm going to probably have to upgrade everything to
a 1.3 set so I guess I can get back to everybody on that at some point.