Subject: Re: still can't boot
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.macbsd.com>
From: Armen Babikyan <armenb@moof.ai.mit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/31/1997 09:00:11
At 9:32 AM -0500 10/30/97, Allen Briggs wrote:
>> I agree that the distribution kernel does NOT work, but this combinaiton
>> has been proven to work by a number of people. It's a shame, though,
>> that  LC III support dropped out again after kernel #26. Is it supposed
>> to be back in 1.3?
>
>It was never supposed to have been lost.
>Is there anyone with an LCIII who can try to
>figure out why current kernels don't work?

FYI, IIvx support dropped out after #26 too. at least my IIvx. :-)
Michael Zucca is doing the color intvid using a IIvx...Michael, are you
running -current? (and how did you get it to work?) =)
What kind of stuff could I do to find out what's wrong? Last time I tried
compiling a kernel on my IIvx, gcc got an "internal compiler error" ( i
think). I was able to reproduce the error, because it occured again many
times.   I remember posting soemthing about it a few months back.
anything after GENERIC-current #44 freezes my machine just before the
screen is supposed to blank and display [ preserving...].
right now, I have -current binaries installed, but since the -current
kernel doesn't run, I can't run the machine (#26 can boot, but i get lots
of errors in some stuff).
can anyone point me to some test kernels I could try for this machine?
later,
  - a

 Armen Babikyan - armenb@moof.ai.mit.edu - http://electron.xeo.net
               ----<insert lame quote here>----