Subject: Xcolor with Raster Ops ClearVue/GSXL
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <fouques@cetia.fr>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/31/1997 11:51:26
Hi,
a question about Xcolor server running on Raster Ops ClearVue/GSXL 1152x870
8bits greyscale.

Hadware configuration:
Mac IIcx 20Mb Memory
Apple Toby graphic board 640x480  8bits color
Raster Ops ClearVue/GSXL 1152x870 8bits greyscale
Etherner Farallon EterMac II-TN

Software configuration:
NetBSD 1.2 + kernel Generic#27 + video_lkm_combined.o
X11R6-1.2 + Xmacbsd.960512 color server

booting log
ClearVue/GSXL 1152x870 ,monochrome
Unknow video card ID 0x29e -- Not installing interrupt routine
grf1 at macvid1
ite grf1 not configured
Toby frame buffer card 640x480 ,monochrome
grf0 at macvid0
ite grf0 not configured

When I start XWindow color server, the first display (Apple Toby frame buffer)
is in 256 colors, but the second display (Raster Ops ClearVue/GSXL) switch to
monochrome instead of 256 greyscale (under MacOS this monitor is switch to
256 greyscale with Monitor control panel before booting NetBSD ).

Is there a solution to get the Xserver running in greyscale on the
RasterOps ClearVue/GSXL
( I have made the same test with only Raster Ops ClearVue/GSXL graphic board
on the NuBus with the same result)

Thanks,
--
Michel Fouques
| Phone	: (+33) 04 94 16 34 00                                 |