Subject: Re: NetBSD on PB150
To: Michael R Zucca <mrz5149@cs.rit.edu>
From: SamMaEl <rimsky@teleport.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/31/1997 00:44:07
	I have been working a little on running NetBSD on my PB540c... and
it boots just fine (except for the lack of an FPU which causes a few core
dumps of mount, syslogd and various other programs) But, I can boot into
multi-user and everything just fine. But, the ADB is NOT working. I'm
using a kernel compiled with MRG_ADB commented out. If anyone wants it I
can send the dmesg to show what the kernel is doing. It is basically just
a GENERICSBC kernel without MRG_ADB. I'm using the 1.3A sources that I
downloaded last Saturday or Sunday....

	BTW... with those diffs someone posted last weekend for the Quadra
video... works great, and I'm now happily running X Windows. I've gotten
it running great, although the first kernel I tried compiling gave an
error saying it couldn't allocate nubus slot 9 (I saw in someone's post
that Quadras don't have one ;-)) But, other than that and the lack of
CS Ethernet... it works wonderfully 8-) Thanks!

	Ryan

	P.S. Hmmm... how hard do ya think it would be to do a little work
on the FPU emulation? If someone sends me some notes, and any other
hacks that have been done I'd love to fiddle around with it ;-) I'm pretty
proficient with C, and am starting to learn my way around the NetBSD
kernel sources.... and I'd LOVE to get my PB540c fully working in NetBSD!

-----
My name is rewt... you have SIGKILLed my father... prepare to vi!