Subject: Re: still can't boot
To: Abbe Lougee <abbe@ivnet.net>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/29/1997 20:56:13
Abbe Lougee wrote:

> my Mac LCIII is running system 7.5.1. The bsd partitions are on a Conner
> 540MB SCSI disk shared with a MacOS partition.

[bootlog snipped]

> At this point my whole system froze.  During the boot process I got the
> following dialogue boxes:
>
> "NetBSD has not yet been proven to work on your machine" with 2 choices -
> CANCEL and BOOT ANYWAY.  I chose BOOT ANYWAY. Then:
>
> "Click "Boot" (or press Return) to start NetBSD/mac68k, or "Cancel" to
> abort.  I clicked on BOOT.  Can you help?

Sure, but you need to tell us what version of NetBSD you tried to boot,
and what version of the Booter you tried as well.  From your message, it
appears that you tried one of the older versions that probably doesn't
support your machine (like NetBSD 1.2).  I'd recommend trying the latest
NetBSD 1.3ALPHA snapshot.  I think you can find it at:

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/mac68k/latest/

In addition to the kernel, you'll probably want to get the latest Booter
which is 1.11.0 (although 1.11.1 might be out by this weekend).

Finally, if the above give you trouble, take a look at the FAQ.  It has
answers to a lot of common questions.  It can be found at:

http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/mac68k/faq/

among several other places.

Let us know if you have any more questions or comments.

Later.