Subject: Re: Mac IIfx
To: Warren Volz <wizard@ccsi.com>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.macbsd.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/29/1997 22:37:15
> Any idea of where in the source the ethernet bug is?
>
> > That bug hasn't been fixed yet. It's a fairly simple fix. I'd do it myself
> > but I've been too busy lately to try some changes (it's the end of quarter
> > here at RIT).

Actually, there are three things going on.  We don't know how to clear
video interrupts on the Q630, we aren't 100% positive that comm-slot
interrupts are on the "slot 9" interrupt line, and we don't know how
to configure the comm-slot cards because it looks like there are several
different types and no clear way to distinguish between them.  It may be
necessary to require them to be configured and working under MacOS in
order to have them working under BSD (i.e., read the configuration
information that we need from the SONIC's registers).  I don't like to
do that, though it might be workable in the short term.  I think that
Michael was referring to the first two problems (interrupt-related)

-allen

--
              Allen Briggs - end killing - briggs@macbsd.com