Subject: New Thread on SunOS binary compatibility
To: Brad Salai , Steve Quint <squint@flash.net>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/29/1997 12:23:38
At 5:16 PM 10/28/97, Brad Salai wrote:
>At 12:34 PM -0800 10/28/97, Steve Quint wrote:
>>Just a few quick questions...
>>
>>Does "SunOS binary compatibility" really work?  Or is this just a bogus
>>option in the configuration file?
>
>I can vouch for it, it does work, but see below

Anyone know if there is a sun3 client for AFS?  Do I have a prayer?
(Assuming I can get an old SunOS CD-ROM.)

I know about the string-to-key routine difference, but that's just for
Kerberos compatability.  I think there is an LKM involved.  Does the
compatibility extend that far?  I suspect not, but it sure would be fun.