Subject: Re: Mac IIfx
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/29/1997 12:17:48
At 2:08 PM 10/28/97, Bill Studenmund wrote:
>> I have a opportuinity to put a UNIX os on a IIfx, the last I heard the
>> IIfx was not supported by NetBSD... Any ideas on what to do? BTW I am
>> still having problems getting ethernet to work on the LCII.
>
>I don't think much progress has been made on the IIfx, but the future
>looks a bit brighter. I think Allen's made some progress, though it's
>not working yet.

I think the fx support is stalled waiting for Apple to approve a release of
technical information request, just like 840/660-AV DMA and a few other
things he's working on.  Allen knows someone with the right info who worked
on A/UX and wants to help, but he needs permission before he can tell us
anything.