Subject: Re: Problems with new Booter/Installer
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <nigel@ind.tansu.com.au>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/29/1997 13:59:17
> Unfortunately, that is not the problem.  My kernel was untarred and ungzippped
> and lived in the same directory as the booter and the installer.
>
> It's name is just "netbsd", and that is also it's name in the booter.

	Hmmm, curious. Assuming that the MacOS radio box is in fact enabled
(as Colin suggested) I don't know what would be causing this. I have tested
1.11.0 on a few machines and it boots from Mac OS kernel files just fine.

	Adam, could I get you to try this 1.11.1b3 Booter, turn the debug
level up to 2 (0 is the default), and e-mail me the results?

P.S. I am cc:ing this mail to the list so that others can test this Booter
     if they have the time. The main differences are saving the preferences
     in a file, some dialog window re-arranging, and changes to Mac OS I/O
     code. This is fairly close to what 1.11.1 will be.

[ snipped.  This file is now in
  ftp://ftp.macbsd.com/pub/NetBSD/booter/booter.test.971028.hqx
  Please feel free to ask me to put files up on puma--it's more
  list-friendly...
]

--
| Nigel Pearson, nigel@ind.tansu.com.au |"People say I'm strange, does it  |
|  Telstra IN Platforms, Sydney, Aust.  | make me a stranger?              |