Subject: Re: Ethernet for AV Macs: Test Kernel Available
To: Stefan Arentz <stefan.arentz@luna.net>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/27/1997 14:27:44
> http://www.sateh.com/netbsd/

Hmmm.  How about FTP access?

I don't have a web browser on my MacBSD machine and the mime type given to
the document is text/plain which just displays to the screen instead of
saving to disk.  It probably downloads in ASCII mode as well.  You can fix
the mime type (on Unix servers anyway) by changing the suffix on the file
name to something appropriate like .gz or .tar if setting up anonymous FTP
access is too hard.

I have an 840av and would be happy to test your kernel, but I don't have a
lot of time available.

I'm currently running a custom kernel from Allan Briggs wich adds NuBus
support for the 840av so I can run an Asante Ethernet card.  I hope your
sources are newer than Oct 6 or so or the kernel will hang when it gets to
that card.