Subject: Re: MACE Questions
To: Stefan Arentz <stefan.arentz@luna.net>
From: None <nigel@ind.tansu.com.au>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/27/1997 09:12:03
> Next thing to read about is DMA, but I understand that there's
> no documentation available for the controller used in the AV Macs.

	No, but there is code in the MkLinux source. I believe MkLinux
supports internal Ethernet on the 6100 & 8100 Macs, which have virtually
identical support circuitry to the AV Quadras. Easiest if you get older
source, though (like DR1 or 2) because the code is simpler. (later
releases supported more Mac models)

	DR2 of MkLinux is here:
http://www.mklinux.apple.com/MkLPrevious/

--
| Nigel Pearson, nigel@ind.tansu.com.au |"People say I'm strange, does it  |
|  Telstra IN Platforms, Sydney, Aust.  | make me a stranger?              |