Subject: Re: Headless IIcI, MI/X,su,printing
To: Mark Andres <mark@ratbert.aisol.net>
From: archer <archer@pacific.net.ph>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/27/1997 05:17:12
>Headless
Since my last S.O.S. I've been able to get X up and running on the IIcI,
established an ethernet connection between the PPC and IIcI using Telnet
:-)  Thanks!.  I am still having difficulty getting MI/X client on the
PPC to talk to X on the IIcI.  I've been doing an ifconfig ae0 inet
132.199.15.50 for the IIcI and  51 for the PPC in Telnet than I go to
MI/X and configure the preferences for 50 as the host, oh yeah!, started
X on the IIcI!. I've tried a setenv DISPLAY 132.199.15.51:0.0 from X on
the IIcI and even the reverse from the PPC in Telnet but I am not the
same user (not root) on the PPC, just a "regular" user, is this part of
the problem?.

I know this next question is probably somewhere in the FAQ but it eludes
me, : Is it possible for me to run as root or superuser from the PPC over
Telnet?, I can log in as a regular user which I created by modifying the
passwd file but logging in as su or root is not possible.  This system
will not be connected to the I-Net and I only want to run the IIci
headless from the PPC. What is the default password for su after a fresh
install?, I have always logged in as root but get that message abt doing
it as su.

One more..  I have a Personal Laserwriter Printer, non-postscript, where
can I find any info on printing?, I have read the FAQ which has some info
for the Stylewriter but have seen nothing abt printing from my
Lasrwriter, is it possible, what device is it? I can talk to the modem
port but know nothing abt talking to a printer.  Thanks to all, really
enjoying this stuff!