Subject: Re: X works on Quadra 630 (and probably 575)
To: SamMaEl <rimsky@teleport.com>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.macbsd.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/26/1997 21:43:27
> 	Yeah... I made the changes to my sources and compiled a kernel...
> and it works fine. Only, my sources are -current as of August... so I am
> going to download the newest sys tarball and compile a newer kernel.

I am compiling one from current sources right now (GENERIC) with a close
variant to this patch.

> anyone know if the fpe code has been worked on much lately?

Not much.  If your powerbook is segfaulting a lot, you might want to try
and make sure that you don't have one of the buggy LC040s.  There's
nothing we can do about those except to change gcc to spit out no-op
opcodes after FPU instructions or something like that.  If this is
possible and someone wants to hack gcc to do this and provide a set of
binaries and libraries that are broken-LC040-safe (including the hacked
gcc with patched gcc source), it would be quite a service to the people
with buggy LC040s...

The FPE does need a lot of work.  It's a place that's just waiting for
someone to step in and start working on it some more.  ;-)

-allen

--
              Allen Briggs - end killing - briggs@macbsd.com