Subject: DEC DSP3107LS 1021MB Drive
To: port-mac68k <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jeffrey Ohlmann <jaohlma@BGNet.bgsu.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/26/1997 21:28:52
I just replaced the original 160MB drive (IBM H3171-S2) in my Performa 550
with the above-named Digital drive.  Previously I had been running NetBSD
off of a Zip disk, using the GENERICSBC-25 kernel.  After installing
NetBSD on the new drive and booting, I got only a short way into the boot
process (about half of a screen of output) before the boot appeared to
fail.

I'm hoping that it's perhaps the SBC driver, and have downloaded several
newer kernels (GENERIC-41 and newer) but have not yet tried them.  Before
I get wrapped up in troubleshooting and experimenting with kernels &c.,
does anyone have information that this drive does _not_ work, or what (if
any) special configuration may be needed?

Thanks in advance,

Jeff Ohlmann