Subject: Problems with new Booter/Installer
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <ADAMGOOD@delphi.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/26/1997 18:03:23
Hi Guys,

I just tried getting GENERIC-46 to boot on my PB160 (it didn't get past the
[ preserving x bytes . . . ] message of course), and had several problems
with both the Booter 1.11 and the Installer 1.1f.

The booter would not allow me to boot from a kernel in the MacOS.  I had
to cpin the kernel (using the 1.1e installer) and boot from the NetBSD
partition.  The booter gave an error message:

Booting...Could not open kernel "(1,?)netbsd".

Which it has never done with a previous version.

The Installer was worse.  While it was scanning my SCSI bus for drives it
crashed the system with an unimplimented trap message that required power
cycling the machine.

Anyone else have any problems with these?

Thanks,

-Adam