Subject: Re: MACE Questions
To: Stefan Arentz <stefan.arentz@luna.net>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.macbsd.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/26/1997 09:55:32
> Okey-Dokey. I'll post those questions on the list since it might also
> be interesting to other people.

Fine with me.  ;-)

> I split the code between if_ma.c and if_ma_obio.c.

Excellent!

> I created an array with pointers to the registers like in the sonic driver.
> That should make it portable enough.

Sounds good to me.

> Next thing to read about is DMA, but I understand that there's
> no documentation available for the controller used in the AV Macs.

That's correct.  As far as I know, that is.
The controller is called PSC.  It's on the list of the things that I'd
like to get from Apple.  I have not yet gone back to try and pursue my
request for further info.  I will try to find time for that this week.

-allen

--
              Allen Briggs - end killing - briggs@macbsd.com