Subject: MACE Questions
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Stefan Arentz <stefan.arentz@luna.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/26/1997 00:39:48
Hi Folks,

Thanks to everybody who answered my questions about the Centris 660AV. It
works great and seems pretty stable with -current.

Today I started working on a driver for the MACE ethernet controller. I
already have a dummy driver up and running (ma0) and I'm ready to start
implementing it.

I've got a couple of questions though.

My 660AV uses a Am79C950 chip. I couldn't find that part number on
AMD's website, so I'm wondering if it's compatible with the Am97C940
for which you can download documentation.

Is 'am*' a good name for this driver?

After spending some time in Macsbug and ResEdit I found the IO base
address of the chip. How do I read and write to it's registers? The
same way you access normal memory?

Thanx,

 Stefan

--

Stefan Arentz - Technical Director - Luna Internet
stefan.arentz@luna.net / +31 (0)10 2431988

Wie al op Internet zit kan meteen Het Net op. Je moet
dan wel opnieuw inbellen.