Subject: Re: Trouble getting X-Win up! (Part II)
To: SamMaEl <rimsky@teleport.com>
From: BGW <f94bw@efd.lth.se>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/25/1997 12:53:19
Ok, I think the problem is somewhere else. I edited the lines

echo
ldconfig -m /usr/X11R6/lib

to my rc.local

Seems to be ok when I boot the computer. The problem seems to be the
xinit-file. When typing

    ./startx

it says

    ./xinit:No such file

There is an xinit-file in /usr/X11R6/bin, "someone"(?) cant find it. Ok,
lets try directly with ./xinit. Wow, something is happening. This is the
result

---------------------
 : not found
-: not found
.
.
.
ld.so: not found
.
.
.
nf: not found
.
.
.
-X11TransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't correct: errno=2
.
.
.
giving up             (GREAT!!!! Ok, can't expect a miracle..)

./xinit:No such file...
./xinit:No such process...

I thougt I might have messed up the X-files so I reinstalled the
packages. Same result! Any ideas?

Ps: Someone complained about the 'xf86Config', I have never had any
problems with it!!!