Subject: Re: Performa 600/GENERICSBC problems
To: Norman Mackenzie <101564.312@compuserve.com>
From: Armen Babikyan <armenb@moof.ai.mit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/25/1997 21:41:51
>Is anyone sucessfully using recent GENERICSBC kernels on a Performa 600?
>(Or IIvx, IIvi?)  GENERIC kernels tend to trash my Zip disks (they don't
>seem to have a problem with my Quantum TRB850S hard disk), but I could use
>a GENERICSBC kernel without any problems.  Now, all the recent GENERICSBC
>kernels get to the point where they report an sbc at obio and then hang.
>It seems that the driver enables interrupts and then resets the SCSI bus.
>On my machine, it never recovers from this, ending up in an infinite loop,
>trying unsucessfully to clear the interrupt generated by the reset.

I am also having problems booting my IIvx with recent GENERICSBC kernels
and the latest booters, 1.11.* and 1.10.*
I don't even get that far though.  My machine hangs right before the
[preserving XXX bytes in netbsd symbol table].
The most recent kernel i've been able to boot is GENERICSBC#26.
  - a

 Armen Babikyan - armenb@moof.ai.mit.edu
    ----<insert lame quote here>----