Subject: Performa 600/GENERICSBC problems
To: port-mac68k <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Norman Mackenzie <101564.312@compuserve.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/25/1997 21:12:24
Is anyone sucessfully using recent GENERICSBC kernels on a Performa 600?
(Or IIvx, IIvi?)  GENERIC kernels tend to trash my Zip disks (they don't
seem to have a problem with my Quantum TRB850S hard disk), but I could use
a GENERICSBC kernel without any problems.  Now, all the recent GENERICSBC
kernels get to the point where they report an sbc at obio and then hang.
It seems that the driver enables interrupts and then resets the SCSI bus.
On my machine, it never recovers from this, ending up in an infinite loop,
trying unsucessfully to clear the interrupt generated by the reset.

Norman