Subject: Re: Virtual Consoles
To: Brad Salai <bsalai@tmonline.com>
From: Gabe Ricard <offset@aaaa.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/25/1997 00:25:19
On Fri, 24 Oct 1997, Brad Salai wrote:

> There's a program called dt that's available on ftp.macbsd.com that may be
> just what you want.
>
> Brad
>
> At 3:15 PM -0400 10/24/97, Gabe Ricard wrote:
> >How can I have virtual consoles in NetBSD/mac68k? I noticed there wasn't
> >a getty program or something else to use.

Ok, I got dt and installed it, and now when I run it it just blanks out
the screen. I know I can do stuff because I typed 'reboot' and my machine
rebooted. I just can't see anything, so I don't know if it's changing to
other consoles when I type cmd-#. I tried the pre compiled binary that
was packaged with the source, then compiled my own and it still didn't
show anything. Any ideas?

I have some feeling there is a really simple answer to this that I
overlooked. But I haven't used NetBSD for about 6 or 7 months so I dont
remember exactly how to use dt. I ran it like 'dt -n 2'.

          .. ,. .,.
  `  offset@aaaa.net        ;'.   `,.  .,`'    `,.`,`