Subject: Re: ARP weirdness
To: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
From: Xiamin Raahauge <xiamin@scdesantis.ne.mediaone.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/23/1997 19:51:55
On Thu, 23 Oct 1997, Henry B. Hotz wrote:
> Anyway you need to find the device with that ether address to do further
> debugging I think.  Since it's the side you control look at what else is on
> your local 10.x.x.x net and does it match anything there?

Ok, the only other computer on the lan is a 7200 running MacOS 8. It's not
even on right now, so it shouldn't be sending anything, right? I've only
been getting this message since I upgraded my kernel.

> Does the message appear when you are disconnected from the cable modem?
I haven't tried to disconnect the cable modem, I have the feeling a few
other things would go batty, including dhclient which dhcp's it. I suppose
the problem might be a tempory one, associated with the cable modem. A
good test would be to boot with my old kernel, and see if I still get the
message...of course I would have to reboot for that, and muck around my
/etc/fstab...
On that note, with the new changes to the disk scheme, my /usr, which was
on sd1d, moved to sd1a. From my understanding, the changes were to pervent
the MacOS driver from showing up as d, but this drive doesn't have a
MacOS driver on it, or at least it didn't show up with the older scheme.
Xiamin