Subject: Re: ARP weirdness
To: Xiamin Raahauge <xiamin@scdesantis.ne.mediaone.net>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/23/1997 15:40:36
> After upgrading to a 1.3Alpha kernel compiled from Wednesday's sources,
> I've been getting this message:
> Oct 23 13:54:30 scdesantis /netbsd: arp: zero IP addr from link address
> 00:00:ca:03:2f:24

> I have both sn0 and ae0, and I'm not sure which that is.
> sn0 is configured via dhcp/cable modem, ae0 is a connection to a lan, and
> is configured with ifconfig.

> Is this something I have to worry about? How do I fix it?

It's a complaint by the kenrel that some other computer on your net
sent an arp packet with an arp address of 0.0.0.0.

You should be able to find the net by looking at ifconfig -a. It will
show the hardware address of the two cards. Actually, 00:00:ca:03:2f:24
might be the computer which sent the questionable packet.

Take care,

Bill