Subject: Re: Mac LCII woes
To: Warren Volz , Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
From: Brad Salai <bsalai@tmonline.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/23/1997 09:05:14
At 4:01 PM -0500 10/22/97, Warren Volz wrote:
>On Fri, 17 Oct 1997, Colin Wood wrote:
>
>> Warren Volz wrote:
>> >
>> > I got no response on this so i thought I would try again...
>> > I put the latest GENERIC #45 kernel on my lcii and got it to boot and
>> > actually use the monitor connected to the machine. I have been unable
>> > however to get the ethernet card to work. It seems to recognize it 3
>> > times. Once on sn0, once on sn1, and once on sn2. Whenever I try
>> > configuring any of the interfaces it freezes.. Any ideas?
>>
>> What kind of ethernet card do you have?  Can you show us the relevant part
>> of the output of the 'dmesg' command?  What command line are you using to
>> configure the interface?
>
>I forgot to tell you the command line I was using! I am using the
>following command under I think bash to configure things:
>
>ifconfig sn0 inet 207.13.49.30 netmask 255.255.255.0 broadcast 207.13.49.255
>
>Thanks again!
>
>Warren
The new /etc/rc looks for this information in /etc/ifconfig.sn0 if you want
to give that a try. I think I agree that it is a good change.

Brad

Stephen B. Salai                            Phone (716) 325-5553
Cumpston & Shaw                             Fax    (716) 262-3906
Two State Street                            email bsalai@tmonline.com
Rochester, NY 14614